CALL TO ARTISTS
SOYRA FALL SHOW 2023
MEMBERS JURIED SHOW & SALE
Saturday October 21 & Sunday October 22
Patrick House Gallery
58 Temperance St
Aurora, ON L4G 2P7
SOYRA Members Only
Friday September 22 Deadline for Entries
Friday September 29 Results email sent out
Thursday October 19 Art Drop off & Install
4:00pm – 7:00pm
Saturday October 21 Show Hours
10:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday October 22 Show Hours
10:00am - 4:00pm
Teardown 4:00pm - 5:00pm
1. A non-refundable fee of $30.00 is required to participate in this SOYRA members only show. Members may enter two (2) pieces of artwork for jury.
2. This show is juried for entry as well as for prizes. A qualified juror will award one 'Best in Show', two 'Honourable Mentions' and one 'Best in Category' as he/she sees fit. In addition, there will be an award given for People’s Choice at the end of the show.
3. This year, our optional category is 'Invest in our Planet.' We’ve been living through some tumultuous times. Everyone has a heightened awareness of climate change and its effects on our planet. We would like to see artworks that speak to this category. Each of us will have a different take on it so this category is wide open for your interpretation. How does it make you feel? What can we do about it? We'd like you to express how you're feelings about the state of our planet. Please include in your submission a short description of how your piece represents the 'Invest in our Planet' category. (Max 100 words)
4. Artwork must be framed to professional standards and securely WIRED for hanging with 'D' rings. (No saw-toothed hangers or screw eyes please.) NOTE: Paintings or photographs on gallery-wrapped canvas (min. 1.5” in depth) may be submitted without frames but must have painted or wrap-around edges with no staples showing. Photographs presented under glass, must be matted.
5. All submitted artwork must be recent (created within 3 years), the artist's own conception and done without assistance. Any work deemed to be a copy or print will be removed.
6. Maximum size for artwork is 42x42" including frame. We encourage participants to consider small pieces for this show as there are many places to hang or place small works of art in this gallery.
7. All artwork must be for sale. SOYRA will process all sales and take a 20% commission.
8. The artist is responsible for insuring their artwork in the show.
9. No artwork may be removed by the artist until after the closing of the show at 4:00pm on Sunday October 22nd. However, artwork sold during the show can be removed and taken at that time if requested by the purchaser.
10. It is the artist’s responsibility to pick up their artwork promptly. Please inform the show co-ordinator if someone else is picking up your work.